Guelph Royal Opera House
The Guelph Royal Opera House also functioned under several different names throughout its 53 years: Guelph Workingmen’s Opera House Co., Griffin’s Opera House and Royal Opera House. The theatre was in operation from 1873-1926 as a performing arts theatre and then renovated into a movie theatre, called the Capitol Theatre, later in the 1920s. It was torn down in 1953 during a wave of modernisation in the city.
Collection of contracts, account statements, correspondence legal documents concerning the Guelph Royal Opera House.
32 cm of textual materials.
No further accruals are expected.