Houston-McNeely-Blair Family Papers
Letters and clippings relating to the genealogy of the Houston, McNeely and Blair families of Scotland, 1832-1966.
- Note from Stuart Houston to Prof. Reid regarding addition to collection.
- Letter from Dr. Stuart Houston regarding the 1832 Arthur Houston letter.
- Typed copy (on Dr. Houston's letterhead) of the letter from Arthur Houston dated Glasgow, 9 April 1832 to his brother in Carleton County regarding death of their mother (24 November 1831), financial settlement with brother James in Ireland for keeping mother, difficult financial times, contemplation of sending son Andrew to study medicine to be useful in Canada.
- Letter from Elizabeth dated 31 October (19?)52 regarding Blair-McNeely family history in 18th & 19th century.
- Letter from J. Fred Houston dated Hamilton, 24 November 1966 to Dear Barbie telling of events of his life and hoping she can make an essay out of them.
- Newspaper article circa 1966 entitled House with the coffin door by Gladys Blair. The owner of the house in the article, Mrs. George Loosemore, is the granddaughter of Brice McNeely.
Approximately 2 cm of textual material
Type(s) Of Materials:
Unpublished Material and Manuscripts