Interlibrary Loan (RACER)
Due to COVID-19, interlibrary loan is currently suspended for all physical books. We are continuing to fulfill requests for articles if we can find digital copies. Please expect significant delays.
When the interlibrary loans service (RACER) is available:
This service is available to current University of Guelph students, staff, and faculty.
- This service is not available to retirees, alumni, community borrowers, or reciprocal borrowers.
Use RACER to obtain items not available in the Omni network.
- Most loans are free. We will notify you if the item you are requesting has a fee.
Read more about RACER for Ontario universities.
How to use RACER
- If it is your first time using RACER, complete the RACER Registration form.
- Sign into RACER.
Your Login is your barcode on your University ID card.
Your Password is your last name, or whatever you chose when you registered for RACER.
- Choose Guelph as your library location.
- Fill in the "Blank Request Form" on the left side menu.
- Choose your pickup location from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the form. Distance education students please see our courier instructions.
- We will email you when your request arrives, or if we are unable to fulfill your request.
If a digital copy exists and if licensing permits, we will email you a link to a digital copy. Otherwise, a paper copy will be provided. Find more information at the Application of the Fair Dealing Policy for Universities to Library Copying (PDF - 21kb).