This is Your Library: The Media Studio
We have spaces for studying, reading, and learning. One of our newer spaces is the Media Studio.
The Media Studio supports students by enhancing their digital literacy skills, and partners with faculty to incorporate digital learning in their courses and curricula.
The Media Studio is:
- Open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday during the academic year – you can always find up to date hours on our website.
- Reserved on Fridays for staff and faculty special projects.
- Staffed by student consultants.
- Available to U of G students, staff, and faculty.
The Media Studio helps students develop digital literacy and media creation skills needed to succeed. You can schedule appointments in the Studio to work on digital media projects, attend a workshop on creating digital media, or explore the library’s guides to support digital skill development.
The Media Studio also works with faculty members by offering the following support services:
- Consultations on assignment design.
- Seats to upgraded accounts in PowToon and WeVideo. A limited number of seats are available each semester; instructors may reserve seats for their students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Online, self-serve help through Library Guides. We can create a custom course guide with links to appropriate online help based on your assignment requirements.
Please note that we are not currently able to provide custom in-class workshops for courses. To book an assignment-design appointment, to request PowToon/WeVideo seats, or for a custom course guide, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Studio spaces are located on the second floor of the library.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.